|Version 7.22+ Update Change Log|
If you do not see the most recent updates listed below in your VisualGA software, it may be due to the update being in pre-release mode or that your township has yet to receive them, as all updates are 'phased-in' over a period of several weeks. VisualGA will automatically download new updates when they become available.
As a general rule, new features are not automatically implemented, as many of them are highly customizable. This gives you the option as an individual township, to just keep things as is. If you would like to implement a feature you can do so in the administration console.
If you would like to learn more about individual features and settings you can click the '?' context-sensitive help button in the upper right corner, which appears in many of the VisualGA screens. You can also open the Help Topics from the Help menu under 'VisualGA Help Topics'.
- Added '*' wildcard character to the global search and local GA/EA/AA/IA search. What the wildcard character will do is perform a 'contains' search instead of a 'starts with' search. For example if you entered 'do' in the global search, all clients with last names starting with 'do' will be returned (e.g. 'Doe', 'Dodd', etc.). If you search with '*do' this will include clients whose last names contain the letters 'do'. This would match not only 'Doe' and 'Dodd', but would also include 'Meadows' and 'Abdo'. You can also wildcard the first name search (which is accomplished by using a comma) so by entering '*do, *e' would match 'Joe Meadows' and 'Ed Abdo' for example. You do not need to necessarily wildcard the last name when at the same time wildcarding the first name (e.g. 'do, *e' would match 'Earl Dodd' and 'Marie Donaldson').
- Added ability to include the 'Alias' field in the global search. When this option is selected, when a last/first name search is performed it will also search alias field. Note that due to a variety of ways that townships populate the alias field, some use first names, some use last names, and some use both first and last, that the alias field is automatically wildcarded meaning it will use a 'contains' search on the alias, even if you did not wildcard the last/first name. So if you enter 'mart' in the global search it would return last names such as 'Martin' but would also include aliases such as 'Mark' and 'Smart'. To enable this option you can set it in the Admin Console under 'General', choose the new 'Global Search' tab, and select the 'Alias' box.
- Added additional Client Flag colors: Blue, Green, and Purple. Additionally, there are new options to further customize how each flag is used (or not used). For example, you can consider a flag an alert, meaning it will pop-up a window when opening an application for a client with that particular flag. You can also indicate that a certain color is not an alert, and whether or not the client flag note is required. Finally, you can assign a category to each flag color to help distinguish which flag is which. For more information, please review the Alerts/Flags help topic in VisualGA or see the Client Flag update write up.
- The Income Affidavit (GA) can be customized to pre-fill the default vendor to either the landlord from the Contact Information screen within the application or if not specified, the most recent shelter vendor for a disbursement. There is also an option to prompt the caseworker with the individual disbursement amounts which can be overridden or set to 0. The current options are to print the 1) shelter amount plus remaining disbursement amount or 2) the individual disbursement category amounts. This new option will use the same amounts from #2 with the ability for the caseworker to override.
- The Landlord Statement can be customized with several new options to prefill the Month and/or Amount Due which can be helpful if you want a computer generated Month/Amount Due to print on the form as opposed to handwritten values. Additionally, you can have VisualGA prompt the user to enter both of these values as well. There is also an option to fall back to the most recent shelter vendor if the Landlord is not specified (GA Only). If you implement any of these new features for the Landlord Statement, the behavior will be applied to not only printing the form from the Forms menu within the Application, but also if you select the 'Print Landlord Statement' after issuing a GA Grant. For more information, please review the Form Customization help topic in VisualGA or see the Landlord Statement update write up.
- Added the ability to print the Appointment Form for multiple clients. To do so, under the Schedule module click the 'Print Schedule' link and choose the 'Print Appointments for Client' option. There, you can specify a single client or all clients and optionally choose a particular task. You can also sort the results by task (appointment) date or by name.
- Added the Gift Card Inventory Snapshot report, which for those of you who purchased the Gift Card module, gives you the ability to view Gift Card Inventory in a historical context so that you can see which Gift Cards were available at a point in time. This is much like the Client Snapshot Report in that it allows you to view data in a historical context as it was at a given point in time.
- Added ability to customize race options which have been preset to align with the IDHS racial data collection. Note that this is an optional field which by default is not enabled. To enable this field, open the Admin console and under 'Application Fields' choose the 'Race Option' tab and check 'Track Race'. From here you can also customize the list items as well.
- Ability to add multiple Export Templates. An export template is an ordered list of fields (Client Name, Disbursement Amount, Grant Period, etc.) that are used to export data from VisualGA for a 3rd party application. For example, if you would like to export data to your accounting system, you could create a template named 'Accounting Export' and add and order fields based on your accounting system requirements. You could also create a second template for FOIA requests. These templates can be managed from the 'Export Disbursements' screen (Tools & Settings menu) via the 'Manage Export Templates' link. There will be an initial template named 'Default Template' which will contain the fields you previously selected if you are already exporting disbursements, or will be empty if you have not. You can rename this template as you wish. See the help topic on this screen for more information. Note that Exporting Disbursements is a security option for each user located under the Security Information/System Security tab for a user. If you do not see the 'Export Disbursements' menu option it will need to be enabled by the Township administrator.
- Added additional fields for export use: Client First Name, Client Middle Name, Client Address, Client City, Client State, Client Zip, Client Gender, Client Race (if tracked), Client Birthdate, Family Member Count, SNAP (Y/N). SNAP (Y/N) is determined by the newly added 'Is SNAP' checkbox within the Public Assistance Sources settings (Tools & Settings.. Manage Vendors, Providers & Categories). If you add a Public Assistance Source for an Assistance Unit member which has an Assistance Source of 'Is SNAP' checked, it will appear as 'Yes' in the export, otherwise 'No'.
- Added ability to export Intake Clients in the same manner as GA/EA/AA Clients.
- Added the Caseload Report 'Client Race Report' which displays clients grouped by Race. This will only appear if you are tracking race as outlined above.
- Added the Caseload Report 'Client Public Assistance Received Report' which displays clients who have received Public Assistance.
- Added option to only print the last 4 digits of the SSN on reports where applicable. This applies to reports only, and not forms such as the DPA-2199 or any GA/EA Application where the complete SSN is necessary. This appears as an Admin Setting (under 'Reports, Forms & Letters' in the Admin Console) as well as on a report-by-report basis in the 'Options' tab when printing a report. If you select this option in the admin section it will auto-check the 'Display Client SSN as 'XXX-XX-1234' box in the Report Options tab, but you have the option to check/uncheck this box on a per-report basis.